A very special opportunity to learn about and play a Javanese gamelan. A gamelan is an orchestra from Indonesia largely made up of percussion instruments including gongs, drums and of various shapes and sizes. Gamelan is made from bronze. Led by our gamelan expert, the workshop will include a short introduction to the cultural context of gamelan and then the you will learn and perform some traditional Javanese music.
Playing the gamelan is very accessible and requires no previous experience. Instruments are traditionally played sitting on the floor. Please let us know in advance if you may find this difficult and we can make alternative arrangements.
During the session you will learn to play a traditional Javanese piece. You get to explore this music from another cultures and the workshop helps introduce you to new sounds and respond to music individually and as a class.
- No experience is needed to take part in this unique workshop!
- The instruments are played on the floor so trousers are more comfortable. Also we ask all participants and onlookers to remove their shoes.
- Please do bring your camera. Also you may make an audio or video recording at the end of the workshop to document the group’s final performance. You will not be permitted to record the whole workshop.
- Bring back home an unforgettable experience during your travelling to Jogjakarta.
C. TICKET / PRICE
- HANOMAN Package USD46 | Include : Lunch + Coffee Break; Certificate; Free Documentation Copy; Ramayana Ballet Voucher.| Duration 3 Hours.
- RAMA Package USD37 | Include : Coffee Break; Certificate; Free Documentation Copy; Ramayana Ballet Voucher. | Duration 2 Hours.
- SHINTA Package USD33 | Include : Certificate; Free Documentation Copy; Ramayana Ballet Voucher |Duration 2 Hours.