Batik painting is a historically beautiful take on culture throughout the world, and batik in Indonesia is perhaps the best known form across the globe. There are numerous uses and meanings for batik art, but the most basic format includes using resist techniques to strategically dye fabric into a myriad of designs. Learning how to make batik art is a wonderful way to pay tribute to this important and cherished art form.
Making a batik painting, artists use pencils or other mediums to sketch in the basic pattern desired in the work. Then, often using hot wax or occasionally resin, the patterns are redrawn. Once the wax is dried, the cloth is dipped in dye. And, a copper cap is used during the process to more broadly cover areas where dye is not needed.
The most culturally rich parts of batik art is that different designs, patterns, and shapes can signify different things. For example — batik as an art form deserves to be honored and revered just like any other painted masterpiece framed and hung in a museum. Heritage days are held for batik painting in countries that practice the art form, and classes are available for anyone who wishes to keep the tradition alive and learn for themselves.
Learn batik painting by signing up for a class / workshop and you'll have a great souvenir of your travelling Jogjakarta.
- Learn deeply about the Javanese philosophy behind some of the batik patterns.
- Gain a greater appreciation of our mission to not only present you these ancient traditions, but to make sure this rich cultural heritage continues going into your feelings and souls.
- Have fun discovering how to draw with hot wax on cotton using a canting, cap or both, with one dye color. After boiling out the wax, you'll have a great souvenir of your travelling Jogjakarta.
- You'll be amazed at how much fun making batik is.
C. TICKETS / PRICE
- HANOMAN Package USD46| Include : Lunch + Coffee Break; Certificate; Free Documentation Copy; Ramayana Ballet Voucher. | Duration 3 Hours.
- RAMA Package USD37 | Include : Coffee Break; Certificate; Free Documentation Copy; Ramayana Ballet Voucher. | Duration 2 Hours.
- SHINTA Package USD33 | Include : Certificate; Free Documentation Copy; Ramayana Ballet Voucher |Duration 2 Hours.